Pepper Board

Pepper Board

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Heritage Pork ~ Cubed Steak with Savory Roots

Just ask yourself, how does a chef approach his/her cooking. He/she takes a skillet and melts in cooking oils and then seasoning and then the food item they want to cook. I personally like to get the seasoning a little hot before I add any meat or veggies. Once the oils are just disappearing in the pan, shake in all desired seasoning, of course having them handy to do that.
For this dish, I used red pepper flakes, garlic powder, sea salt and dried herb seasonings* rosemary, oregano, basil and thyme. Once the seasonings start to pop and spit in the oils, I lay in the meat - cube steaks searing them quickly on both sides. Reducing the heat, I cover and let them finish taking about 5-6 min. In this time, French sliced the root veggies.

Remove the steaks from the heat, put them onto a serving platter and cover with foil to retain the heat. Add your root veggies to the skillet that the steaks were cooked in. Since there is nearly no fat in the skillet, only wonderful juices, I take advantage. Cover and let cook for 8 min. When they are just getting tender, I uncover, turn up the heat and brown the edges to pull the sweet savory taste from the veggies.

Add them to the platter and serve.




Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment